Valentine’s Day boxes have started shipping out with Cocoa Via, and the next round of subscription boxes will also include this supplement. Cocoa Via gives you the benefits of cocoa flavanols (the good-for-you phytonutrients found in cocoa extract) without all the fat and calories. Cocoa flavanols are scientifically proven to help support healthy circulation by helping your blood vessels stay flexible and expand as needed. Exercise performance depends on a healthy circulatory system, as does your overall health. The dark chocolate flavor is recommended mixed in milk, hot or cold coffee drinks, yogurt, smoothies, or oatmeal. Fruit flavors are Summer Citrus and Cran-Raspberry. They are excellent mixed in water, unsweetened iced tea, smoothies, or yogurt. Here are some recipes to try out~
- 1 cup ice
- 1 – 6 ounce plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 packet Cocoa Via Cran-Raspberry
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup almond milk, to desired consistency
Blend together until smooth. Makes one serving.
Dark Chocolate PB Oatmeal (tastes like a no bake cookie!)
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 packets Truvia (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 packet of dark chocolate Cocoa Via
- 1-2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
Cook the oatmeal, milk, and salt, and sweetener according to oatmeal directions. Stir in Cocoa Via, vanilla, and peanut butter at the end of cooking.
Hope you enjoy trying out Cocoa Via! Next up will be some recipes to use with Mila. You could add a packet of Mila to either of the above recipes for extra nutrition.